Starting your teaching career with Spiral
As a family of 5 schools we are able to offer our ECTs a unique experience; working in primary schools with a wider network of peers and colleagues to support you. This year across our trust we have a number of ECTs who are based in their individual schools.
Spiral has a well-established history of training and developing excellent teachers.
We are proud that many of our teachers joined us on the first day of their careers as Early Career Teachers (ECTs) and are still with us many years later and many of those teachers are now leaders in our schools.
From day one we work hard to support and develop new teachers to be the best they can be. We follow the Department for Education’s recognised Early Career Teacher programme.
Every ECT has an ECT mentor and dedicated ECT time every week to invest in their own professional development, they are invited to take part in a wide range of professional development activities such as team teaching, lesson studies and self-reflection. This, combined with our taught sessions which aim to put the latest research and theory into practice, ensures our ECTs are well supported and quickly become good teachers.
The benefits of being a Spiral ECT:
- An enhanced salary, earning 5% more than other ECTs
- Where possible, the opportunity to start in July, giving you the opportunity to get to know your new school and new class before September.
- High quality training with other ECTs throughout your first year
- 20% of your time will be off-timetable to enable you develop yours skills and expertise
- A dedicated trained mentor to support you throughout your ECT period
- The option to take up to three 'personal' days each year during term-time. These days are then repaid during the holiday period.
- Great colleagues and professional friends to work with
- School leadership teams that take staff well-being seriously and are committed to reducing teachers workload
- Career and pay progression opportunities throughout the Trust
- Access to childcare vouchers and staff welfare package
ECT Training at Spiral Partnership Trust
Would you like to join us as an ECT?
All our vacancies are listed here on the Spiral website and on Teach in Herts.
If you are interested in joining us in September 2024 please register your interest using the 'Contact Us' menu option. Tell us what you are doing now, what opportunities you are looking for and leave your contact details - we'll contact you as soon as we have an appropriate opportunity for you.