Details of current vacancies can be found in this section. We have a number of vacancies for Teachers, admin and support roles throughout our schools.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please telephone to arrange. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications should be made using the Spiral Application form. It is our policy to consider applications as they arrive, we therefore recommend that applicants submit applications as soon as possible as a post may be filled before the closing date.
Training to be a Teacher with Spiral
We are now recruiting our 2021 cohort of trainees who will begin training in September 2021, qualify as teachers in June 2022 and be ready to teach their first class in September 2022. If you are interested in training to be a teacher find out more on our training and apprenticeship page.
We are particularly keen to recruit new teaching assistants who would like to train to be teachers at some time in the future. If you have a degree, and would like to be a teacher, a teaching assistant job could be the first step towards your new career.
NQT vacancies 2021
If you are interested in joining our NQT programme in September 2021 please register your interest using the 'contact us' menu option. Tell us what you are doing now, what opportunities you are looking for and leave your contact details - we'll contact you as soon as we have an appropriate opportunity for you.
School Business Manager
We are a Multi-Academy Trust of six primary schools in Hertfordshire, we have School Business Manager vacancies in Fleetville, St Albans and at Springmead Primary School in Welwyn. As part of a multi-academy trust our SBMs receive a high level of support and guidance for the Trust central team whilst working with independence and autonomy in their school.
We are looking for candidates with a strong sense of teamwork, communication and analytical skills, responsible for working with the headteacher to ensure the overall administration and smooth operation of the school.
We are looking for someone with competencies in:
- Written and verbal communication
- People Management
- Monitoring & detail Handling
- Analytical Thinking
- Finance / Budget management
This role is 25 hours per week, worked over 4-5 days. You will be working term time, including inset days, with an extra 4 weeks worked during the school holidays.
Salary £27,880 - £30,603
Employment type Part time
Pro-rata salary £17,847.00 - £19,590.00
Contract type Permanent
Closing date 11th Mar 2021 5:00 PM
Interview date W/C 22nd March
Start date 12th Apr 2021
KS2 Class Teacher
Mount Pleasant Lane Primary School is seeking to appoint 2 experienced teachers to be responsible for classes in KS2 from September 2021. Initially this would be to cover colleagues on maternity leave, but with the possibility of a permanent position in the near future. We are looking for inspirational and caring KS2 teachers who are keen to work with colleagues to create a stimulating learning environment and who will encourage a love of learning across the whole curriculum.
To be successful you need to be passionate and knowledgeable about primary teaching and have a proven track record of teaching consistently at an excellent level. You should also be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to achieving high standards for all and be able to work effectively as part of our team.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best
- Has a clear understanding of good and better teaching, ensuring great outcomes for all children
- Is willing and committed to developing and sharing excellent teaching practice
- Has strong communication and organisational skills enabling them to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- Is able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
- Is able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for children and support them to become lifelong learners
- Can support children towards developing greater independence in their learning
- Demonstrates the ability to build on success and manage change
- Shows commitment to a culture of continuous improvement that promotes excellence for staff and pupils alike
We can offer:
- Amazing, friendly, enthusiastic children who engage positively with school life
- Strong, supportive leadership and an enthusiastic and dynamic staff team, committed to children's success
- Opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across the Spiral Partnership Trust
- A hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
- A culture of support for all staff
Salary £34,649 - £40,083
Spiral M4 - M6 (Accomplished)
Employment type Full time
Contract type Permanent
Closing date 22nd Mar 2021 9:30 AM
Interview date 25th Mar 2021
Start date 1st Sep 2021 or earlier
Do you have a skill or interest you would like to share with primary school children?
We deliver a wide range of exciting after-school activities and need leaders who want to share their passion with children, anything from
crosswords to cupcakes
sudoku to science experiments
music to maths
Latin, sports, maths, English, science and media skills are particularly welcome.
Short and long term opportunities available.
Further details and rates of pay are available on our website.