As a family of 6 schools we are able to offer our ECTs a unique experience; working in primary schools with a wider network of peers and colleagues to support you. This year across our trust we have a number of ECTs who are based in their individual schools but come together regularly to learn together, share their experiences and develop their skills.
ECT Training at Spiral Partnership Trust
Spiral has a well established history of training and developing excellent teachers. We are proud that many of our teachers joined us on the first day of their careers as Early Career Teachers (ECTs) and are still with us many years later and many of those teachers are now leaders in our schools.
From day one we work hard to support and develop new teachers to be the best they can be. We offer our own bespoke ECT support, ECTs across the trust meet together regularly to;
- Develop their understanding of what makes good teaching and learning,
- Ensure good pedagogy is at the heart of every lesson
- Share good practice and learning resources
- Explore different learning environments
- And have the opportunity to observe and learn from some of our most experienced teachers.
Every ECT has an ECT mentor and dedicated ECT time every week to invest in their own professional development, they are invited to take part in a wide range of professional development activities such as team teaching, lesson studies and self reflection. This, combined with our taught sessions which aim to put the latest research and theory into practice, ensures our ECTs are well supported and quickly become good teachers.
A professional development plan for every teacher ensures that even after the first year we continue to develop and invest in our teachers and future leaders.
The benefits of being a Spiral ECT:
- Where possible the opportunity to start in July, giving you the opportunity to get to know your new school and new class before September.
- High quality training with other ECTs throughout your first year
- 20% of your time will be off-timetable to enable you develop yours skills and expertise
- A dedicated trained mentor to support you throughout your first year
- An enhanced salary, earning 6% more than other ECTs
- The option of three 'personal' days each year - time off for your interests
- Great colleagues and professional friends to work with
- School leadership teams that take staff well-being seriously and are committed to reducing teachers workload
- Career and pay progression opportunities throughout the Trust
- Access to childcare vouchers and private health care options
Would you like to join us as an ECT?
All of our vacancies are listed here on the Spiral website
(see current vacancies) & on Teachinherts.
If you are interested in joining us in September 2022 please register your interest using 'contact us' menu option. Tell us what you are doing now, what opportunities you are looking for and leave your contact details - we'll contact you as soon as we have an appropriate opportunity for you.